Wellington Propertyscouts

Smoke Alarms Save Lives of Family - 20th Jul 2016

A family of eight had their lives saved this week thanks to new smoke alarms that had been fitted in the house. Everything in the house was lost but thankfully no lives were lost.


A family member left a pot of oil on the stove in the kitchen whilst quickly going to the bedroom, from there he heard the noise of the smoke alarms and came out to see the whole kitchen alight. From there it ripped through the rest of the house with windows exploding and flames licking the exterior when the first fire crew arrived.

Ngaruawahia Fire Chief Karl Lapwood said that without the working smoke alarms, the fire would have ended in a fatality.

Read the full article: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/82250432/smoke-alarms-save-ngaruawahia-family-in-house-fire


 

« Back to News
site powered by - Turboweb :: Simple Web Manager